October 15, 2009

Fashion Show

Thursday, October 8th Tuff and I participated in Steelers Style 09, a fashion show to benefit the Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Cancer Caring Center. Tuff and Steeler teammates walked out individually in their jerseys to music of their choice. Tuff chose Staying Alive, by the Bee Gees. I wish you all could have seen him dance up a storm, without missing a beat. He danced all the way down the long runway. The crowd loved it.

I walked out with Tuff wearing Reebok gear and also later in the show wearing formal wear. I would have been terrified if I had to walk the runway alone.

There are some pictures from the fashion show on the Steelers website.

http://news.steelers.com/multimedia/photocenter/

Select the photo box named 2009 Steelers Fashion Show, located at the bottom of the page and search through the photos.

On Tuesday Tuff, his teammate Daniel and I golfed at Diamond Run Golf Club, a Gary Player design. The temperature was chilly, the wind was blustering, but the fall colors were beautiful. Great times!






The Steelers are at home this Sunday for a rivalry game versus the Browns. Pittsburgh may have their first snow in tomorrows forecast. For all the Montanans and Minnesotans, I know you already experienced snow, but give us a break. We have lived in the South for the last two years. We need time to remember what the white stuff is and the cold temperatures required to make it.


2 comments:

  1. Love your boots in the formal wear. That's our girl! We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dean and I say what a great cause!! We can attest to that. You guys were the best looking ones there!! :)

    ReplyDelete