Born Monday, May 2nd at 1:43pm, 7 pounds 8 ounces, 21.25 inches long.
In order of events. The first moments. They let me snuggle him for almost 2 hours before weighing him.
Getting checked out.
Moved from delivery to postpartum.
At about 4:30pm Papa and Ma'am brought the girls over to finally meet baby brother. The picture below beautifully sums up the first thoughts. Liza looks concerned and Grace is fully ready to take on big sister responsibilities.
Papa and Ma'am received a phone call from Tuff at 12:19pm telling them I was in labor. They didn't hesitate and headed straight from Colstrip to Billings, a two hour drive. They received a phone call before they even arrived in Billings that I had the baby, that's how fast he came! In the meantime Tuff had also called our friends Bob and Gwen, the girls' adopted grandpa/grandma to watch the girls and they were over within 15 minutes. It was the girls' nap time so it worked out incredibly perfect. On top of it all they slept three hours so were so sweet upon meeting baby brother for the first time.
First moment holding brother. Her face says it all. When she walked into the room she was certain he was a fake baby.
In this moment, Liza held baby brother for only two seconds and voiced, "I dont' want that."
Papa and Ma'am. We are eternally grateful for you, watching our girls so we could have special time and know all was well at home. I knew when given the opportunity day two to ride in the car with Dad or Papa and Ma'am and they both said Papa and Ma'am that they were in the best hands possible. Thank you!
Goodies first thoughts on baby brother:
The next day Nantie came over to see baby boy. We still didn't pick out a name but the video above gives some narrowing clues. Nantie got to be apart of the last few hours of name deliberation.
At about 11:00am we decided on a name.
Proud moments after naming our son. This name was on our short list when we had Grace, as we didn't know what gender we were having with her. It was our number one pick then and stuck around for more than four years later.
Our friends the Talley's (Elena in photo, babysits my girls) came in just minutes after we named Judah. We were so excited to share of course!
Also on Tuesday Bella Baby Photography came and took some photos. Here are a few:
Other visitors on Tuesday. Brandi, intern at Faith Chapel.
Sigrid, wife of Micah, the High School Pastor at Faith Chapel.
Merval, finishing session three of One Heart Warriors Leadership Development Program.
Our friend Meagan.
My friend Krystle, whom I was working out at the YMCA with Monday morning before I went into labor. Also the Wrights, who are expecting a baby boy in July!
From Wednesday morning at the hospital the Beck's came to visit. They are expecting baby girl #2 in June!
Katie Beck.
The hospital only allows for post baby pampering for so long so by Wednesday afternoon we were discharged.
Welcome home Judah!
More visitors Wednesday evening. My friend Valerie.
The Ouradnicks, our neighbors.
My friend Cassie brought us some delicious food.
Next door neighbor Bill.
Thursday the girls and I went for a walk around the neighborhood while Tuff went to golf league. It was an 87 degree day. Merval also came over for a second visit.
Friday we went out and about to some garage sales and then the zoo princess event.
Another visitor Friday, Meaghan a second time. She brought us a meal! We also captured a rare eyes open photo of Judah.
So there you have it! A flood of amazingness. Due May 7th, my first early baby and we can't imagine the last five days without him.
For anyone who loves to read detailed birth stories, I wrote it all out. Just send me an email and I'll pass it along.
I bypassed all of April so if by chance (and chances are low) I am feeling gusto to write up that blog post I will get that updated soon.
Until next time...















Congratulations, Tuff & Mary!!!!! He's beautiful! How blessed you all are. God is so good. Enjoy these precious moments and the crazy chaos. You got this!
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing, each photo, he looks like mommy, then daddy... then mommy.. then daddy... then his own little self! thanks for sharing this special momment, cant wait to see and hug your family! love you all....
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new addition to the family. He is beautiful. I am so happy for you and your family. Best wishes and God Bless you.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Frank and Val Santoro
Pittsburgh, PA
I am so unbelievably happy for your beautiful family! You and Tuff are so blessed! Judah is a lucky boy to have such amazing parents to raise him! We love and miss y'all! XOXO
ReplyDelete