October 12, 2016

Oops I Did It Again; August Update

Oops I did it again, and no I'm not singing the Britney Spears song.  I somehow allowed another several months to pass before updating the blog.  Which means you'll need to fasten your seat belts and take a journey in the time capsule back to August.

Lets start with August 11th and 12th.  Tuff was inducted into the Montana Football Hall of Fame.


What made this extra special was that it was the first year of the hall of fame.  Also Tuff's family made it to the induction ceremony as well as Robert Stuker, a high school teacher at Lodge Grass that left a positive impact on Tuff and his high school football coach Mark Ator.



Tuff was the last speech of the night.  In the video below, you'll see Tuff's brother Jay introducing Tuff, which was such an honor, followed by Tuff's speech.  If you have the time its about 22 minutes and a great set of speeches.  


If you want to read more Colter Nuanez, founder of Skyline Sports wrote a bio for the hall of fame called The Legend of "Tuff" Harris.

The Montana Football Hall of Fame also has a Facebook page to stay connected:
https://www.facebook.com/montanafootballhalloffame/

August 17th-22nd was Crow Fair.  For those of you who don't know Crow Fair is known as the "Teepee Capitol of the World."

Parade.



Watching the parade.


Walking the fair grounds.


The photo below is of us taking a break at the Gatekeepers Ministries tent with Gwen.  Gwen is on the board for One Heart Warriors and runs the Gatekeepers Ministry.  My kids also call her Grandma Gwen.  During the fair, Gatekeepers tent offered a resting place and changing station to families with little ones.




Liza Love 2 years old, Crow Fair 2016.


Flashback to Crow Fair 2014 when 2.4 year old Goodie wore the cute regalia.


Goodie, VV, Liza and Sarah watching Grand Entrance.


Yas and Griz too, they traveled all the way from California to be at Crow Fair.


The arbor just before Grand Entrance.


Merval set up a barber tent at the fair.



Tuff was honored and recognized in the arbor between dances for getting inducted into the Montana Football Hall of Fame.  


Tuff and his niece Amara.


Judah's first horse experience.  I think he's saying, "That's a huge dog! Save me Papa."


Crossing over dates with Crow Fair was the Montana State Fair.  It was fun...but left me wondering where my $50 went and where it went so quickly.  




The ladies of the summer session One Heart Warriors and I took a mini day trip to Bozeman.  First we stopped by our college friend Richie's house.  Richie is actually a part of Tuff's and my 'first time meeting' story back in the dorms at The University of Montana.  Richie and Rachel welcomed their first child, Reed to the world in August.  


Sarah and VV are in the photo below.  We enjoyed some tacos from local venue, Victory Taco and then hiked a little hike to Victory Falls.  So it looks like V I C T O R Y was the theme.  


VV and Sarah.




Milestones:  At the end of August, by a miracle of the Lord, Liza became potty trained!  I tried for several months with no results.  I knew she was ready because she could tell me she wanted a diaper on and could hold her pee from morning to nap so she could go in her diaper, then hold it again from nap to night time.  Every morning I'd ask her if she wanted to wear her big girl panties and she would say no, I want a diaper.  Then one morning, completely prompted on her own, she asked for panties.  That was it.  She brought herself to the potty, and viola, she was trained.  She potty trained herself.  

Video of celebration "potty song:"


Of course I have some fill-in pictures of life in between all these main events.

3 month old Judah Jet.


Zoo Montana.


Ran into our cuzzies at Target!  Kylee, Goodie, Kaydee.


Family workout time.



Goodie on the ropes video:


Pre-K orientation.  Ms. Ashley and Goodie.


 Liza at a hearing screen test for her left ear, which still doesn't hear.



Momma Mary and her happy boy.


I got me and the family on a 10 day no sugar added challenge.  Wow that was hard and enlightening.  The kids and I put a piece of tape labeled 'sugar' on everything that existed in our house with added sugar.










Then we went to the grocery store to restock with some no sugar added options.


Tuff's friend Lonny tagged me on Facebook with the photo below.  Its Lonny and Tuff probably from 2000 during the reenactment for Little Bighorn Days.  


Speaking of reenacting, here is an epic bedtime story video for the kids of Merval, who is like an uncle to my kids, and Tuff reenacting David and Goliath:

1 comment:

  1. lol, love the david and goliath, also your smiling children... love you all...

    ReplyDelete