I was in Minnesota May 28th-June 5th for my little sister Cydney's high school graduation and state golf tournament. Cydney placed 3rd overall, shooting 73/77. That's her posing with her coach and our dad. Good job Cydney and congratulations on graduating!
One interesting thing occurred just as I arrived at the Minneapolis airport and was waiting for my ride down in baggage claim. The people in the RV managed to get wedged (didn't check their clearance I suppose). To make matters worse, they tried to back out and damaged the RV more. The man with his arms above his head is the driver. I couldn't help but snap a shot of this unfortunate occurrence.
Other than the last week, Tuff and I have been actively killing critters. Yes, you heard me. Tennessee has a plethora of critters and our apartment happens to be their home:) One of the more threatening critters is the brown recluse spider. So far we trapped four. They are pretty fast buggers and I'm glad Tuff is around to do the trapping. We have sticky traps, but they don't fall for those, so when we see a spider, Tuff forces it onto the trap.
A few weeks ago we had a five foot snake in our breezway. We're not sure what type of snake it was but it does not look like any of the four poisonous snakes that make their habitat here in Tennessee. He had a few large lumps in his belly like he just ate. We tried to get him back outside and instead, he crawled into a hole in our apartment wall we didn't know existed. Its my understanding that snakes that size only need to eat once a month so we don't expect him to come out any time soon. Tuff threw some sand down in front of the hole so we know when he comes out. Unforetunatley I didn't get a picture because my camera was inside the apartment which required me to walk by the snake (I wasn't about to do that). I did get a picture of one of Tuff's trappings, the brown recluse on a sticky trap. We'll keep you posted.
For those of you wondering, Tuff is still a Titan. Now that we started a blog, hopefully we can keep you all informed on the transactions that occur with Tuff and the Titans. Until next time.
Love the blog!! Our deepest sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your Grandma. Loss is hard but knowing there is something much better waiting for us is GREAT!! You can keep all your critters down there please as they grossed me out!! luv Dean & Joan
ReplyDeleteWe miss you too, Mary &Tuff!! Get home again and soon! I love the blog and your critter antics-NOT!!!
ReplyDeleteLuv, the Izzys