June 27, 2009

Wedding Season

One of my good friends and college teammates Krista Swanson is engaged! Her boyfriend Brad Lang proposed to her Thursday evening, June 18th. Congrats you two. Looks like wedding planning is in your futures.


Speaking of weddings, Tuff and I attended my friend Kristen's and Tuff's teammate Colin's wedding Saturday, June 20th. The wedding was in Nashville at Kristen's parent's residence. The pictures below are of Kristen making her entrance to the ceremony and the wedding party waiting anxiously for her to come down the stairs. It was very beautiful.



One of our friends Austin helped out with photography at the wedding.


The following day we enjoyed a Sunday afternoon at our apartment pool with one of our friends Casey. The pictures below are of Tuff and Casey heading to the pool on my scooter. Due to weight restrictions, I couldn't ride with them.


I have some more pictures from OTA's including last weeks. Some of them you have to look hard for Tuff, but they are the only ones with him in it. He has had a good couple of good weeks at OTA's, including a few interceptions. No pictures of the interceptions though. I told Tuff they probably didn't want to publish pictures of the quarterbacks throwing interceptions.



The picture below looks like Justin Gage is catching the ball and Tuff's face.



Tuff says that in the picture below he is pointing because the play that just ended was an incomplete pass according to the defense. Shortly after this shot the referee called it incomplete so the defense was correct in their pointing and arm waving.

We golfed at Gaylord Springs course this week. Its Tuff's favorite in Nashville. Tuff and I both shot 78's (no cheating or second shots, something Tuff used to do often and something I do more often now) from 6500 yards. We felt like pros kinda. Unfortunately I finished bogy-par and Tuff finished birdie-par, allowing for the tie finish. I'm quite competitive so I was hoping for victory that day but a tie is OK too:)

We snapped a sneak shot of a pretty big water moccasin in the bushes below.


The golf courses down here use giant fans to keep the greens from dying from the intense heat.

Kudzu, sometimes referred to as "the vine that ate the south," grows all over everything down here from trees to streetlights. Kudzu first came to the United States from Japan in 1876 where is was promoted as a forage crop and eventually encouraged to plant to prevent soil erosion. However, it was subsequently discovered that the Southeastern US has near-perfect conditions for kudzu to grow out of control; hot, humid summers, frequent rainfall, temperate winters with few hard freezes and no natural predators. The United States Department of Agriculture named the once promoted plant a pest weed in 1953. Below is a picture of some kudzu growing on the trees at a golf course.


Monday, June 22nd Tuff played in another celebrity golf tournament. His love for golf is getting out of control-just kidding. Below is him at the Titan's Charity Tournament and the Courtland Finnegan Charity Tournament.



Tuff reports back to camp July 31st. From now until the end of July Tuff is in two weddings. One he is the best man in his cousin Donnie Lyman's wedding in St. Xavier, MT on July 19th and the second he is a groomsman in his college friend/teammate's wedding in NY on July 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment