Since I didn't have time to finish posting pics from the last few weeks I will now. I'll even add a little of what happened so far in MN.
Tuff and I got to play golf at St Clair Country Club...probably the best course we've played so far in Pittsburgh area. It was for a fundraiser and we were invited by our pastor Doug Melder. The format was a "Shamble" which I've never heard of or played before. Everyone hits a drive, then picks the best. From that location everyone on the team plays their own ball in.
Sometime after the tourney we enjoyed the Three Rivers Arts Festival with our friends Tyler and Maggie. While there, we stopped for a while to enjoy Cello Fury, a fantastic cello group. For added entertainment they head bang, as you'll see in the video.
Below is a picture of us after the arts festival on the rooftop of our temporary apartment.
Tuff and Tyler being themselves
Me being myself at the festival
A display at the festival of fish they took from the Ohio River. They used electroshock to catch them.
Last week we played at what Tuff and I rated as our second best golf course in Pittsburgh area, Olde Stonewall. This course had a castle for a clubhouse, literally.
Below is the maintenance shed, a mini castle.
After the round we met up with an old friend from college Tanya and her husband David, along with some friends of theirs. Tanya and I subletted an apartment together in Missoula summer of 2007 and now she and her husband live north of Pittsburgh. Their house was in the country, which was really a nice change from the city. They had a big pond to fish in and we enjoyed cooking our meal over the fire outside.
Below is Tanya and Tuff checking out their chickens.
A marshmallow Tanya roasted looked just like a pig snout. We made her pose.
On our drive to Minnesota we stopped in Thiensville, Wisconsin to visit Tuff's high school classmate Jake Bauer. It is so wonderful to know people along the journey and get to catch up.
Then Sunday we, along with my dad, brother and sisters, played in the Father's Day golf tournament out at The Vintage Golf Course in Staples. Much to my surprise my dad and I took first! For fun us kids had t-shirts made for a team look. I found a caricature artist in Pittsburgh to do the drawing.
My brother and sisters
Lined up in birth order
The caricature drawing of our dad
Just over the last few days we have visited with lots of family. Tuff and Grandpa had fun Monday racing motorized wheelchairs. I wish I had my camera to take pictures of Tuff and Grandpa neck and neck crossing the street! What a hoot.
My sister-in-law Mari and nephew Soren
Soren with his baby brothers
Lukas and Bjorn
Rachel's little one Eli who is not so little anymore
Phew! That is it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment