August 18, 2009

Two Preseason Games Down, Two to Go

Thursday evening I went to a girl party with my church friends. It was Italian themed so I brought some Italian wine (wino) to contribute to the fellowship. On my way home something crazy happened. Our apartment complex is surrounded by a gate and to get in, you have to have remote access to open the gate. A car was in front of me waiting for the gate to open. I could tell they were just visitors so I opened the gate for them and drove in right behind them. About halfway through the gate the drop-down lever, like you see at rail road crossings, dropped down on the top of my windshield. For about two seconds I didn't know what hit me. I thought it was maybe a tree branch. When my brain finally connected I realized it was the drop-down lever hitting my car and that the gates to our complex were now starting to close. Reluctantly, I pulled the rest of the way in, scraping the large wood lever across the roof of my car and eventually snapping the lever off its base. Damage to my car includes minor scratches on the windshield and roof. I'm happy about that because it sounded like the roof was coming off!

Saturday I got to be a model for a day. My friend Leslie has a bridal business and needed a veil model....not sure why she selected me. I wore about 20 different veils and it happened to be yet another hot, humid Tennessee day. The dress I wore was so heavy and hot.


Saturday evening the Titans played the Buccaneers and won 27-20. Tuff played nearly all game. I thought he did excellent and played a very hard game. Surprisingly he got a chance to punt return but you could tell he did not know he would be returning at all. He dropped the punt but then quickly recovered it. Here's what coach Fisher had to say at Sunday's press conference on Tuff's drop and Mouton's the week prior.

(on the muff punt returns by Ryan Mouton and Tuff Harris)

I’m comfortable with it, I don’t like to see the ball on the ground, but those things are correctable. Ryan (Mouton) peaked and he can’t peak. He took his eye off the catch and looked at the coverage and you just can’t do that. He learned the hard way, which fortunately wasn’t catastrophic. We put Tuff (Harris) in a tough situation. He ran back to field the punt because he had come from the line of scrimmage and Ryan was out. We replaced Tuff and we sent Tuff back there and he literally ran back and he didn’t even get his feet set, lined up distance wise and you know, but he’s a very, very good punt catcher. But we do need to get Mark (Jones) back on the field and we need to get Chris (Henry) back on the field and make sure we get them some reps before the regular season.

Tuff had a few solid tackles and a really good pass deflection, very reminiscent of his famous jumping picture for the Dolphins. For the most part he did not see a lot of action in his area on the field. The ball stayed to the sides or was a short pass.


Cheryl and I before the game. Go Titans!


Opening kickoff below. Tuff is in the middle of the photo standing alone.

Below Tuff is running off the field at the half.


Yesterday I attended Tuff's practice. The Titans travel on Thursday this week to Dallas to play in the new stadium. Below are a few pictures from practice. Tuff is wearing tall white socks.


It was Tuff's turn, along with three other Titans, to sign for the fans after practice.


Below is John Higgins (the author of that nice article From Tribe to a Titan), Tuff, and his teammate Colin.


Remember to watch the Titans vs. Cowboys game this Friday at 7:00pm CT on FOX.

No comments:

Post a Comment