Each camp Tuff and I have been to has handled family time a little differently. With the Steelers, the families are allowed into the VIP area, which is basically the outer rim of the practice fields. Family also gets to park in a VIP lot and get carted to the field. After practice, family is allowed on the field to see their men. Then we get to walk up "autograph hill" and wait for our men to get out of the cold tubs and showers.
Since St Vincent is a small college it doesn't have cold tubs, so the Steelers bring in big hot tubs and fill them with buckets of ice and water. They have three big hot tubs outside, one that actually is hot and two that are ice tubs. Players usually sit in the hot tub before practice and the cold tub after.
From where we wait for our men to get done with practice we were shocked to have a view of the players in the tubs. Meaghan thought for sure they were all naked but I assured her they were wearing compression shorts.
Tuff after practice, on his way to sit in the cold tub. I didn't take a picture of all the players in the tub because I thought for sure I would get into trouble. Sorry.
After they spend time in the cold tub and shower, they meet us for dinner. Yes that's right! We get to eat dinner with them. This is a first at a training camp for me. The food is really good too. Basically anything you want.
I did not want this whole pig in the picture below but it looks like Tuff does.
Then after the meal they cart us back to drop the players off at their dorm room for their meetings. No we cannot go into the dorms.
After dropping Tuff off, Meaghan and Austin, some more family and I getting carted back to our parking lot.
Unfortunately Friday night at practice Tuff sustained a shoulder injury during a special teams drill. He will rehab this week and see how things go.
Kutsch Kutsch, me and Tuff hanging out this morning.
praying for your injury Tuff. Love the photos. In Africa I quickly forget its training camp time! God is sovereign over all of the next steps in Pitt or wherever. missin yall
ReplyDelete