As usual on game day, the atmosphere around Pittsburgh was chaotic. We managed to get seated at Jerome Bettis' Grille before the start of the game to grab a quick meal. It was my first time eating there and I definitely recommend it. Reasonable prices and a big menu. Mike's dad and wife came along too.
Then we made our way to the game and just before half time a big storm rolled in, forcing all the fans into the outer tunnel areas.
After an hour wait in the tunnels, Mike got us all Steelers ponchos and the game went on!
Mike, Leslie, me and Tuff after the game saying our goodbyes.
Two days later, Tuff was in the hospital for his scheduled surgery. Below he is pictured with one the Steelers physical therapists, Rebecca, who was there to view the surgery.
The doctor was pleased with the surgery and Tuff should have about 5-7 months of recovery. He started rehabilitation the day after surgery. In the picture below he is hours out of surgery and wondering who will put his hair in a pony tail.
I flew out the day after his surgery to Minnesota for my friend/University of Montana golf teammate Krista's wedding.

Our friend Emma, from Idaho, also was in the wedding and attended the University of Montana. Below Krista and Emma posed by a 'Minnesota Welcomes You' sign.
Krista took us to Interstate National Park, where they feature potholes formed from glacial times. Krista and Emma walked down into one for a picture.
Thursday night was the groom's dinner and the bridesmaids and bride posed for a classy picture.

Friday was wedding day at Mississippi Dunes in Cottage Grove, Minnesota. You could not have asked for a better day. Also, I felt especially blessed to be a part of this day as Brad had a near death experience last October with pneumonia and the swine flew. God had a plan for him and I was so joyed to be there to see Brad and Krista wed.

The Wedding Party
The Beautiful Bride
Wednesday I fly back to Pittsburgh and Thursday Tuff and I move into a new apartment. I must say that even though Tuff's injury is a bummer, it did provide the first stable time line we have ever had in his career. We will be guaranteed to be in Pittsburgh through the end of the season. After that, the Steelers have the option to sign a new contract with Tuff or just let the current one end. So there will be no new football news until January or February, when the season ends.
No comments:
Post a Comment