Sunscreen. Check.
Pony tail holder. Check.
Warm ups. Check.
Gloves. Check.
Helmet. Check.
Drills. Check.
Autographs. Check.
Day one of Steelers Training Camp down. Twenty to go.
Eighty players arrived at Latrobe, PA Friday afternoon for the kickoff of Steelers' training camp. Its the 45th year camp is held at St. Vincent's College. The players all room together in the college's dorms. The Maggie's (Maggie Grisham and Maggie Kutchbach) and I headed to the first day public practice Saturday afternoon.
Maggie K, me, Maggie G, and Megan
I found an article from training camp 2008 that writes about what training camp at St. Vincents is like.
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2010/7/29/1595604/four-days-in-latrobe-one-fans
By the way, my mom's garage sale was successful, even with a downpour or two during the day. My nephew Soren loved the rain.
. . . and Grandpa's tractor.
Below is my niece Bo and nephew Lukas helping out at the sale.
Adding to a recap of last week, Tuff and I departed Minnesota last Sunday and stopped in Milwaukee to have a bite to eat before continuing our journey east. We felt like Mexican and Conejitos is what we got.
While inside, four cowboys walked in with their instruments and we got a live show.
After dinner, Tuff and I took the Lake Express Ferry across Lake Michigan from Milwaukee, Wisconson to Muskegon, Michigan. Tuff had to drive our car onto the ferry as you can see in the photo below.
As passengers, we were allowed to roam around the boat including hanging out on the sundeck. As the boat took off, the breeze picked up.
Even Tuff's hair blew in the breeze.
The boat took 2 1/2 hours to cross the lake and we were able to watch the sun go down.
We spent the next night in Grand Rapids with my dear friend Rachel. She just moved to Grand Rapids for her medical residency. We had dinner at a cute restaurant, Rose's, on a little lake near town.
Rachel was working the night shift so left around 10:30pm. When Tuff and I headed to bed shortly after, this is what we found; her cumbersome bloodhound Ned. He missed mom I think.
Currently I am staying at Maggie K's home (whom Tuff nicknamed Kutsch Kutsch to decipher between the two Maggies) while Tuff and I are in transition from apartments to waiting to find out if we make the team. I'll be returning to training camp on Tuesday to take more pictures and give an in person report. Until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment